I bought your book about two weeks before. For another interpretation, we recommend people check out: the infographic. Finally, some-one has written an exercise book that makes sense. Good Job...bet it took a great deal of time for you to put all it together, huh?
The reason why I am writing to you is because I am confused about some things that handle teaching the down/stay and sit/stay. Tell me if this seems like I've it right:
First, show her (your dog) placing her in the right place immediatel.. and how-to do the control doing repetitions.
Beloved Adam:
I purchased your book about two weeks ago. Finally, some one has written a training book that makes sense. Good Job...bet it took a great deal of time and energy to put all of it together, huh?
The reason why I'm writing for you is because I am confused about some things that cope with teaching the down/stay and sit/stay. Tell me if this seems like I've it right:
First, show her (the dog) how-to do the command doing representatives and placing her in the proper place immediately after saying the command. Then, working up to the stage you can just stand up straight and have her respond.
Next, work-up length and time you can add distractions and training in numerous places.
Finally, go to the long range and then a bill to get stability off-leash. Visiting per your request seemingly provides tips you could tell your boss.
[Adam:] Actually, you should start proofing for disturbances first, then move to greater distances... but only development to greater distances using the long range. Minus the long range, do you know what may happen?
This is the way I comprehend the procedure from what I have read in your book.
Should I move ahead to the next step once the command is performed by my dog quickly and properly for-one training session or keep drilling her without adding anything new?
[Adam:] It is going to get a great deal more than one work out. It's situational, If the dog understands anything. Which means you are likely to have to work the exact same exercise... at the same point in the program... in several different places before you are willing to move onto the next thing.
During proofing, is it okay to include distractions during the dogs understanding cycle following the dog does the command for me personally several times precisely without having to be fixed?
[Adam:] You're confusing a few things. Is the puppy in the understanding phase, or is he within the phase? The 2 are very different. Before you have learned the other don't go onto one period.
This is actually the order: Learning phase - reinforcement phase - prevention phase.
Just how long does it take the 'average' dog to be taught a new demand and proofed in it?
[Adam:] This can be impossible to answer. This will depend upon the instructor, the dog, the exercise, the environment, how frequently the dog is worked, etc... You let the dog tell you when it is time. This elegant best bullet vibrator site has uncountable powerful cautions for how to allow for it. This is the reason studying your puppy is so impor-tant. It takes for as long as it takes.
Can you show the sit/stay and down/stay in a single session or individually?
[Adam:] Separately.
In what order can I train my dog new directions?
[Adam:] Walk-on a loose leash, boundary and edge training, sit-stay, down-stay, heel, then come. Look Into Adam And Eve Toy contains extra info concerning the purpose of it. The order that you teach orders is not created in stone, but I find that doing it in this way enables a very natural movement and learning progression.
Sorry my letter is indeed long...any training you are able to give me is considerably appreciated...oh, by the way I enjoy the book.
Thank-you ;)
Truly,
Brandee D.
That is all for now, folks!
Adam.
Home »Unlabelled » Teach Your Dog Commands In This Order
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment